First things first:
Have you heard? We’re moving. Again. This means:
1) We will be closed from Sunday, July 24th through Thursday, August 4th.
2) We are planning a grand re-opening celebration that is going to be off the chain.
3) There are only 3 days left to come see the living art show that we are currently housing–if you haven’t seen it–DO–it’s incredible.
4) We’re having an estate sale of sorts (just odds and ends) at the oldBricolage on Saturday, July 30th. Come down from 11-6 and help us clear out the clutter that is weighing us down!
5) We need some help! Do you have big strong muscles? Do you have a rough and tumble pickup truck? We’ve had lots of offers, and are so grateful for all the help we’ve already received. If you would like to lend us a hand, drop us a line by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (208.345.3718) and let us know what your availability/superpower is.
Second things second:
This grand re-opening thing. It’s on Thursday, August 4th, which happens to be a first Thursday. Our featured artist for the month (you may have heard of her) is ERIN freaking CUNNINGHAM (aka Ernie Canningclams). She was our very first featured artist when we started Bricolage way back in March of 2010, so it’s fitting that she’s helping us kick things off in our new space. Her show is called the new nothing and is comprised of a curious throwback collection of beturtlenecked little creatures, unofficially called “sniglets” depicting a variety of, um…lifestyle choices? Idiosyncracies? Eccentricities? You’ll just have to see. For this party, we will have live music (tba), amazing and delicious food art by the industrious Brook Slee (we have heard the sniglets just love beans), a photobooth (get your photo taken with a lifesize sniglet!) and of course an abundance of good feelings and freaking radical things for purchase.
Shameless bit of promotion: we decided to jump on the mass coupon bandwagon and are going to be running a coupon on Amazon Local in the next little while. Be on the lookout for that! You can sign up for their daily deals here. They offer stuff you might actually want to buy, which is nice.
New digs: 418 S. 6th St. That’s on the corner(ish) of 6th & Myrtle *on 6th, right between Boise Art Glass/Ming Studios & Classic Design Studio *or from another angle–right across Myrtle from the Flicks *or look at it this way–just down the block from Boise Weekly offices! There’s even sometimes free 1-hour parking out front! We are sure going to miss our old neighbors, but are pretty into our new ones.
Remember: THURSDAY AUGUST 4. Put it on your calendar right now. Party starts at 5pm, gets kinda crazy around 8, and we kick out stragglers at 10.
Thanks so much for your continued support, and your patience with all of our moving. This really is the last time!
–Juliana & Chelsea