Are you really here? Cause if you are, we’re ready.
How about a list of reasons we like James Lloyd?
– He has three middle names
– He designed the Atomic Mama tank tops and posters, which are awesome (we have the tanks for sale @ the shop; beautifully printed by a certain Bricolady)
– He won the Radio Boise t-shirt design contest (which we also might be selling…stay tuned)
– He is, in the words of one facebook friend “…a multidimensional visual storyteller”
– He is a hard-working full-time student who has agreed to hang his masterworks (jk, lol) in our humble gallery
We hope you’ll join us Thursday, October 6th, from 6-9 pm. Meet James, purchase originals, prints and exciting merchandise! Enjoy light snacks! Feelin’ it? Yep, us too. More info (not really more, just different) on the facebook page.
Before or after stopping by for our little party, be sure to go next door to our neighbors at MING Studios & Classic Design–always hot glass-melting and neato sign-making action going on over there–but there are a couple of special workshops going on as well:
@ Ming: Experience the sensational process of creating a super-realistic, ultra detailed cast of your hand using dental alginate. You’ll take home a plaster cast of your limb, and instructions for a very kid-friendly process that sparks wonder and joy.
7 P.M. – 9 P.M.
$20 – walk-ins are welcome (first come/first served. 20 max.) or just come watch!
@Classic: There’s a 3-day gold leaf masters workshop (October 6, 7, 8) starting that night which you can check out. More info on the Classic Design website.
We’d also like to report that we learned something recently–we took a class at Idaho Poster & Letterpress last weekend, and had so.much.fun. It’s another must on your first Thursday tour next week! And they’re conveniently located in our old space (basement of the Idaho Building on 8th & Bannock).
Want to read more? Subscribe to our newsletter! Or read it here.